HDMI 2.0 Cable Offers 16 Gbps Bandwidth
If you are looking for a cable that will enhance your audio and video experience then you need a HDMI 2.0 cable. There are many technological advances that have made audio and video devices ready to receive more signals at a faster pace. These include HDTV, multiple devices in a home, movies with greater fps specifications, and dongles that can help devices receive films, and other content. All of these developments need superior bandwidth, which HDMI 2.0 cable will provide.
The HDMI 2.0 cable is backward compatible as its connector and cable are the same size as the earlier versions. This means that you can easily connect the new cable to older devices. However, those who wanted a sturdier cable are likely to be disappointed.
Photo Credits: Digital Trends
The HDMI 2.0 cable offers several new features such as:
- A maximum of 32 audio channels to ensure an audio experience that is multi-dimensional and immersive.
- Resolutions as high as 4K@50/60 (2160p). This is 4 times clearer than 1080p/60 video resolution and will provide superior video experience.
- Simultaneous delivery of dual video streams on the same screen to multiple users.
- A maximum of 1536kHz audio sample frequency for the best audio fidelity.
- Simultaneous delivery of multi-stream audio to a maximum of four users.
- Dynamic synchronization of audio and video streams.
- Support for 21:9 video aspect ratio used in the wide angle theatrical mode.
- CEC extensions that enable increased command and control of consumer electronics devices using a single control point.
- Dynamic auto lip sync function.
- Ability to transmit 3,840 x 2,160 resolution video to a maximum limit of 60fps.
Basics of HDMI 2.0 Cable
The HDMI 2.0 cable is built on the earlier HDMI 1.x cable. This means that any device that is made to support HDMI 2.0 cable must first be able to support HDMI 1.x.
The HDMI 2.0 connectors are the same as the earlier connectors. While HDMI 2.0 features will work with the earlier cables, higher bandwidth features will need the new cables. By upgrading to the new HDMI 2.0 cables you will be able to enjoy all the features and functionality these cables offer.
The HDMI 2.0 cable will be of outstanding use in connecting home electronics and entertainment devices. With film makers now moving ahead to make movies with higher fps specifications, it is only a matter of time before they are available for viewing on home TV screens. In order to fully enjoy the capabilities of the new high end electronic devices such as HDTVs and audio devices available in the market, you also need to ensure better connectivity. This is possible using the HDMI 2.0 cable.
With better connectivity offered by the HDMI 2.0 cable, increasingly more electronic devices and content will be produced to take advantage of the new capabilities. While at present you can use the category 2 HDMI cable to avail of the new features, you should aim to purchase only HDMI 2.0 cables in the future.